Monday, April 14, 2014

lima, part 2


I'm in Lima again and this time for several nights since I have errands to run. The most important is going to the British consulate to see if I can get an emergency travel document. The reason I wanted that is because British citizens don't need a visa to go to Brazil, though Canadians do.

I arrived in Lima on Friday night, so I had to wait until monday for the consulate to deny my request. So, my original plan was to continue going north, then loop around and head down south through Brazil until I reached the likes of Paraguay and Uruguay.

There's always plan B, however.

No Brazil for now, but I can keep going north. This just means I'll need to come back to South America.


I thought I'd be bored spending time in Lima again as I'd already seen the attractions I was interested in, but that wasn't the case at all. This time I made friends from England, Colombia, Chile, & Argentina & it was one of the most memorable times on this trip to date. I got so used to being in  Miraflores that I felt like I was living here.











Flower gazing


Roof top terraces are always a good idea.


Staying at the same hostel were 4 Brazilian MMA fighters. They told us about their training and how two of them didn't eat for the last two days in order to lose weight and qualify for their category. They were in town for a fight, naturally.


No comments:

Post a Comment