Monday, April 14, 2014

huacachina, peru

The buses in Peru are amazing. I've been taking buses with Cruz Del Sur and while they are more expensive, its really worth it if you have a long distance to go. The speed is even monitored, and a bell goes off whenever the drivers goes above the speed limit.


I took a bus to Ica, but didn't stay long before getting in a taxi to the oasis town of Huacachina. The tiny town is purely designed with tourists in mind.



That's my hostel in front of the sand dune. The rooms had their windows open, so bits of sand kept floating in onto the beds.




A popular activity here is sandboarding, taking a board to the top and sliding down by some means. I think I must be one of the few tourists who opted out.



I'm in love with all the fresh fruit juice which is so accessible here. Especially passion fruit.


These critters were all hanging around my hostel.









No comments:

Post a Comment