Wednesday, July 23, 2014

back in cartagena, colombia

I'm back in Cartagena, and this time I'm waiting to meet a good Canadian friend of mine and we're going to travel together for awhile. He's living in Mexico now, and he has some spare time before he needs to be back in Mexico for work, so now is an oportune time for both of us.


While waiting for my friend to arrive, I took up residence at The Roof hostel again. Everything was different there this time - the people I'd met there previously had all left, there were changes around the hostel, and the mom cat on the roof had died from a jump/fall, leaving 2 less shy growing orphan kitties.


It's World Cup crunch time and Colombia's team is playing an important game against Brazil. The energy and excitement here is amazing - the streets are filled with yellow jerseys during the day, but suddenly become empty when the game is on.


I popped into Crepes and Waffles and all the staff were at the back of the seated area, watching the game with great anticipation.




You can imagine how loud it became when Colombia scored a goal! The screaming, thumping, and jumping... The whole city was quiet and faces drawn when Colombia wound up losing the dramatic 2-1 game.



It's been over a year since I've seen my friend, and how cool is it that we got to meet in Colombia?

No comments:

Post a Comment