Sunday, March 23, 2014

lima, peru

From Vancouver, I transfered in Dallas, and ventured onward to Lima, Peru. There was already a noticeable increase in the amount of Spanish in the air by Dallas.

Flying over Central America at night, I saw fireworks over what I'm guessing was Panama. 

All big cities are essentially the same, but I still like to visit capital cities to get a flavour of the scene. 

I spent several days in Lima, staying in kinda fancy tourist area Miraflores. I visited the Centro, Chinatown, La Catedral de Lima, Monasterio San Francisco (which had smelly but cool catacombs with neatly arranged bones and skulls 5-10m deep), Museo de la Inquisición & bohemian Barranco.




Huaca Pucllana:

The pyramids are 92% authentic, with the remaining part accounting for necessary restoration. The Incans were great engineers who built their structures to withstand the destruction of earthquakes. Each time a pyramid was built, women and babies were sacrificed. Women - because they represent fertility, and babies because they are the only ones who know how to guide us to the afterlife.


Alfajores - something I originally discovered in Canada.






No comments:

Post a Comment